Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Last day of my life
By John Barkat
Every day, some comes in this world and the same time some leaves. This Life and Death thing will keep on going, till the Day of Judgment arrives. Which all believe and have faith in. Sometimes, such coming and leaving, makes me think about the life. What’s the meaning of life? People always want to live a meaningful life, but how do we define a “meaningful” life? I think that everybody would have his own definition of “meaningful.”
Most people work very hard day and night in search of fame and fortune. When they become millionaires eventually, they may think it is enough for their life. But if they had only one day to live, what would they do? Suddenly, their fame and fortune end up nothing at all, for they cannot take their possessions with them when they die. Therefore, they may worry about their possessions and be annoyed even on their last day. This is something that one can argue about all life, but as far as I am concerned I believe certain things which others might negate and come up against me. Some of these beliefs will be mentioned below, along with “what if I come to know that tomorrow will be the last day of my life?”
Well being a person, the first thing that strikes my mind when talking about life and its purpose is, that one should obey God and live life according to His teachings.  This is what I believe, has to be the Moto of life and only this way one can be happy, when time to die comes.
In addition to these there are many other aspects that I would surely want to ponder upon. Firstly, as mentioned above some people have craze for power, fame and above all for money. It might seem unrealistic, but the truth is that I don’t have interest in such things. My wants are to some extent quite simple, but other way round also quite complicating and different.
The most favored thing in my life that I want more than anything else is ‘LOVE’ from others. I try to be good with others and therefore expect that others should be the same. When talking of love. It includes above all your friends, your family members, relatives etc. Obviously everyone demands that, but that is what I rate as first requirement for me in my life.
Above were mentioned the desires, along with which I would love to live my life. Now coming to the title, that if I came to know that tomorrow was the last day of my life, what would I like to do before I die?
  First, I will clean up my room. Some people may think, “Since I am going to die, what good will it do me?” None, actually, but it means something to me. After living my life, I may find that all my life was chaotic, and I don’t want to leave the chaos in the world. Therefore, I will clean up my room so that I can make my life neat and tidy. I want it to be perfect. And above all the reason for this is that, as in our religion cleanliness matters a lot and has an immense importance in a human beings life, so surely this is something I would like to start from.
Second, I want to thank people who give a lot to me, such as those who have helped me, who have loved me and who I loved, for it was they who gave me the meanings in my life. Being love, one of the important aspects of my life I will surely come up with this idea. And first but surely not the least would like to thank my mother, without whom I would have been nothing, without whose love the whole scenario would have been something else.
 Then, I will visit many places where I was born, I grew, I studied, I worked, and I lived. Those places can evoke my precious memory. I cannot bring anything with me but my reminiscences. Everyone has to die and therefore has to leave everything behind them. If you can’t take anything with you why shouldn’t you leave something back? And that above all should be something nice. Try to be nice with others, once you do that than when you leave this world people will remember you in good words. And that I believe is the biggest essence of your life.
The most important of all, one thing that I surely can’t go without doing is pleasing my God Almighty. No doubt that this is something that every solitary has to Practice all his life and so do I. God is merciful, so why shouldn’t we expect for His mercy? These are some of the things that crept into my mind and if I could successfully do all of these, I will be happy to die in the name of God.
Everyone has to die, it is meant for anyone who comes in this world. So why shouldn’t we ponder upon that? This is something that I have all my life thought of and therefore is a thought that is of immense importance to me. When death is guaranteed, than one should think about it as it helps you walking the right path, path of those on whom God has blessed. This is the crucial aim of any on its own life and this is the best hope of fulfilling that desire. 

No comments:

Post a Comment